TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A 93-year-old veteran from Oldsmar received a standing ovation from a crowd on military appreciation night at Amalie Arena.
Cliff Barnett, who is a veteran of World War II and Korea, wowed the audience as he played the “Star Spangled Banner” on his harmonica before the start of the Tampa Bay Storm’s game against the Baltimore Brigade.
The beautiful rendition of the national anthem was in honor of Barnett’s fellow soldiers and it may have brought The Storm a bit of luck — the team won against the Brigade 47-35.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Man accused of throwing object at flamingo at Busch Gardens
- Sheriff: Missing Haines City woman committed suicide
- Great-grandmother blamed for not saving baby killed in Tampa fire speaks out
- Disney Parks see slight drop in attendance
- 1-year-old Ohio boy hospitalized after opioid overdose
- These hurricane supplies are tax-free this weekend in Florida