TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — A Lee County man has been charged following an incident at Busch Gardens in Tampa.
According to Tampa police, witnesses saw 19-year-old Julian Marquez throw what looked like a rock and hit a flamingo at the theme park around 5:49 Friday evening.
An official with Busch Gardens tells News Channel 8 after evaluation, they determined the flamingo was hit with pine bark, not a rock. The official tells us the flamingo is with the herd and doing fine, but is constantly being monitored.
He’s now facing an aggravated animal cruelty charge.
Marquez has been released on $2,000 bond.
Earlier this year, a man was charged after police say he picked up “Pinky” the flamingo at Busch Gardens and threw her to the ground. The flamingo’s injuries were so severe she had to be euthanized.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Sheriff: Missing Haines City woman committed suicide
- Great-grandmother blamed for not saving baby killed in Tampa fire speaks out
- Florida woman accused of ‘pimping’ teen, living off earnings
- Man arrested, charged with first-degree murder in death of St. Pete cab driver
- Mail carrier arrested for feeding dog meatballs with nails
- 16-year-old girl accused of hacking Uber driver to death
- These hurricane supplies are tax-free this weekend in Florida