TAMPA BAY, Fla. (WFLA) — People who live in or visit Florida will be allowed to fish without a license for two weekends this month.
Governor Rick Scott announced this Saturday, June 3 and Sunday, June 4 will be license-free saltwater fishing days. Next weekend, June 10 and 11, will be a license-free freshwater fishing weekend.
On those four days, a fishing license will not be required. Gov. Scott said it’s a good opportunity for people to see why Florida is known as the Fishing Capital of the World.
“Fishing is a major economic engine for our state, and these weekends help introduce families to Florida’s great outdoors,” he said. “I encourage everyone to take advantage of the license-free fishing weekends in June with their friends and loved ones.”
You can learn more about the license-free fishing days on the FWC website.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Man accused of throwing object at flamingo at Busch Gardens
- Sheriff: Missing Haines City woman committed suicide
- Great-grandmother blamed for not saving baby killed in Tampa fire speaks out
- Disney Parks see slight drop in attendance
- 1-year-old Ohio boy hospitalized after opioid overdose
- These hurricane supplies are tax-free this weekend in Florida