HERNANDO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — An inmate has been recaptured after he escaped from a work release center on Friday, according to the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies say Tyler Michael Trutt, 20, of Brooksville did not return from his job in Gilchrist County, which is associated with a work release program at the Lake City Bridge Community Release Center in Columbia County.
Trutt, who was believed to be hiding in the forest, was finally located on Saturday, driving a stolen vehicle on the Croom Tract in Brooksville.
He was taken into custody without incident.
No further details were released.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Man accused of throwing object at flamingo at Busch Gardens
- Sheriff: Missing Haines City woman committed suicide
- Great-grandmother blamed for not saving baby killed in Tampa fire speaks out
- Disney Parks see slight drop in attendance
- 1-year-old Ohio boy hospitalized after opioid overdose
- These hurricane supplies are tax-free this weekend in Florida