DORAL, Fla. (AP) – A 30-year-old woman suffered a medical emergency and died during a cosmetic procedure at a medical clinic in Florida.
The Miami Herald reports Lattia Baumeister of Rock Island, Illinois, died Thursday while undergoing an unidentified procedure at Seduction by Jardon’s Medical Center in Doral.
This is at least the third death of an out-of-state women who came to South Florida to undergo cosmetic surgery.
The newspaper reports that 25-year-old Ranika Hall, of Kansas City, Missouri, died March 25 after a Brazilian butt lift procedure performed at Eres Plastic Surgery in Hialeah.
In May 2016, 29-year-old Heather Meadows of West Virginia died after cosmetic surgery at the Hialeah medical center.
No further details were released about Baumeister’s death.
The investigation is continuing.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Crews search wooded area for missing Haines City woman
- Daughter chases man who snatched mom’s wallet outside Hillsborough Target store
- Man arrested, charged with first degree murder in death of St. Pete cab driver
- These hurricane supplies are tax free this weekend in Florida
- 6 accused in Tampa Bay area credit card skimming scheme
- South Tampa restaurant’s ‘Warrior Burger’ inspired by new Wonder Woman movie
- Deputies: Toddler found roaming Ruskin store alone while guardian is passed out in car
- 16-year-old girl accused of hacking Uber driver to death