ORLANDO, Fla. (WESH) —The Orlando Fire Department bomb squad was called to investigate a suspicious device in front of the Pulse nightclub on Friday morning.
Fire officials said that as a precaution they evacuated businesses and a street in the area.
Shortly after the bomb squad arrived, they determined there was no danger.
Details have not been released about the device that was found.
Forty-nine people were killed and dozens more were injured in a shooting at the nightclub last June.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Man arrested, charged with first degree murder in death of St. Pete cab driver
- These hurricane supplies are tax free this weekend in Florida
- 6 accused in Tampa Bay area credit card skimming scheme
- South Tampa restaurant’s ‘Warrior Burger’ inspired by new Wonder Woman movie
- Police calling disappearance of Haines City woman ‘suspicious’
- Deputies: Toddler found roaming Ruskin store alone while guardian is passed out in car
- 16-year-old girl accused of hacking Uber driver to death