TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — A baby Grévy’s zebra at Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo has passed away after sustaining a broken hip, park officials announced via Facebook on Friday.
Zookeepers suspect the zebra broke its hip during an incident with another member of the herd, and that the injury caused damage to the foal’s kidney functions.
The zebra will undergo a full necropsy to answer questions about its death.
The zoo has not released the zebra’s name at this time.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Sheriff: Missing Haines City woman committed suicide
- Great-grandmother blamed for not saving baby killed in Tampa fire speaks out
- Florida woman accused of ‘pimping’ teen, living off earnings
- Man arrested, charged with first degree murder in death of St. Pete cab driver
- Mail carrier arrested for feeding dog meatballs with nails
- 16-year-old girl accused of hacking Uber driver to death
- These hurricane supplies are tax-free this weekend in Florida