TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Tampa’s City Hall was evacuated as a precaution early Thursday evening after a package was found unattended nearby.
Officers in District III received reports of an unattended package on the 300 block of E. Jackson St in Tampa, and the Tampa Bomb Squad was called in to examine its contents.
The package was ruled not to be a threat.
The evacuation of City Hall was lifted and roads around the area reopened just before 8 p.m.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Police calling disappearance of Haines City woman ‘suspicious’
- Thieves in bathing suits target hotel rooms on Clearwater Beach
- Deputies: Toddler found roaming Ruskin store alone while guardian is passed out in car
- 16-year-old girl accused of hacking Uber driver to death
- Map shows the most misspelled word in each state
- Feeling insulted, Mexican business to market ‘Trump’ toilet paper