PHILADELPHIA (AP) – Philadelphia police say a woman reported that her son had stolen her vehicle and then stumbled upon her 7-year-old daughter with a plastic bag over her head.
Police say the girl was unresponsive and has been taken to a hospital in very critical condition.
Police have yet to release the names of those involved in the call about 1 a.m. Wednesday in the city’s Olney section.
And they haven’t said whether they believe the vehicle theft and girl’s condition are related.
Authorities found the vehicle crashed and abandoned several blocks away. They haven’t found the 18-year-old who allegedly took it.
Police were called by his mother.
She reported the vehicle stolen before finding her daughter unresponsive when she went into the basement to retrieve the vehicle’s registration.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- First case of ‘dog flu’ in Florida, can make your pet sick or can kill
- Map shows the most misspelled word in each state
- Husband of Mary Kay Letourneau, teacher arrested for rape, files for separation
- Autopsy: Trans-Siberian Orchestra founder Paul O’Neill died from accidental overdose
- 4 Tampa Bay area attorneys disbarred or had licenses revoked by Florida Supreme Court
- Police report: Golfer Tiger Woods found asleep at the wheel