CINCINNATI (WFLA) – Fiona the baby hippo finally made her media debut at the Cincinnati Zoo on Wednesday evening.
The baby hippo can be seen on video putting on a show for the press, swimming, running and hopping her way around a 9-foot pool in the zoo’s hippo cove.
Fiona became a viral sensation in January when the zoo released pictures of her online. The hippo was born six weeks premature and underweight at only 29 pounds.
She now weighs over 270 pounds, and zoo officials say she is gaining weight and strength.
The hippo can even hold her breath underwater for up to two minutes, but she’s still not quite ready to make a public appearance.
She will likely be ready to face the public sometime this summer.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- CNN cuts ties with Kathy Griffin after Trump beheading photo
- VIDEO: Kids playing with fire destroy Lakeland home, investigators say
- Map shows the most misspelled words in each state
- NASA announces first mission to touch sun
- Fired behavioral therapist arrested for lewd molestation in Polk Co.
- Police take selfie with drunk man after driving him home