WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump says celebrity Kathy Griffin “should be ashamed of herself” for appearing in a video holding what looked like Trump’s bloody, severed head.
In a post on his Twitter account Wednesday morning, Trump said, “My children, especially my 11-year-old son, Barron, are having a hard time with this. Sick!”
Griffin, who helped with CNN’s New Year’s Eve coverage, has apologized, saying that the brief video was “too disturbing” and wasn’t funny.
“I went too far,” she said in a second video. “I sincerely apologize.”
Many people online called for Griffin to be jailed.
The first video showed a straight-faced Griffin slowly lifting the bloody head. She originally described the project with photographer Tyler Shields as an “artsy fartsy statement” mocking the commander in chief.
CNN, whose New Year’s Eve coverage Griffin has co-hosted, called the images “disgusting and offensive.”
“We are pleased to see she has apologized,” CNN said in a statement. “We are evaluating New Year’s Eve and have made no decisions at this point.”
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Map shows the most misspelled words in each state
- Police report: Golfer Tiger Woods found asleep at the wheel
- Fired behavioral therapist arrested for lewd molestation in Polk Co.
- VIDEO: Alligator found in bottom of Sarasota County pool
- Off-duty deputy saves 4-year-old from drowning in Panama City Beach
- Parasitic infection spread by pools on the rise