NEW YORK (AP/WFLA) — Olivia Newton-John says she has a breast cancer and is canceling her June tour.
The 68-year-old singer said Tuesday she initially thought she was suffering from back pain, but learned it was “breast cancer that has metastasized to the sacrum.”
Newton-John said she will complete “a short course of photon radiation therapy” and hopes to perform later this year. She said she will be treated by the medical team at the Olivia Newton-John Cancer Wellness and Research Centre in Melbourne, Australia.
Says Newton-John: “I decided on my direction of therapies after consultation with my doctors and natural therapists.”
Newton-John is on the Board of Advisors for the Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Map shows the most misspelled words in each state
- Police report: Golfer Tiger Woods found asleep at the wheel
- Fired behavioral therapist arrested for lewd molestation in Polk Co.
- VIDEO: Alligator found in bottom of Sarasota County pool
- Off-duty deputy saves 4-year-old from drowning in Panama City Beach
- Parasitic infection spread by pools on the rise