TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A 9-month-old boy died in a mobile home fire in Tampa on Wednesday evening.
Hillsborough County Fire Rescue crews and deputies with the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office responded to reports of a structure fire at 5112 Marc Drive around 6:10 pm, and saw heavy smoke and fire coming from the entrance of the home.
Officials say the infant and his great-grandmother, Barbara Weidman, 67, were inside the home when the fire started. Weidman was able to escape from the home unharmed.
The boy was trapped in the house and died in the fire, according to rescue officials. Authorities say his mother, Deziray Weidman, 17 was not at home during the fire.
The child has not been identified at this time.
Authorities have yet to determine the cause of the fire.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Thieves in bathing suits target hotel rooms on Clearwater Beach
- Deputies: Man followed teen, exposed himself at Pasco park
- Deputies: Toddler found roaming Ruskin store alone while guardian is passed out in car
- 16-year-old girl accused of hacking Uber driver to death
- Map shows the most misspelled word in each state
- 4 Tampa Bay area attorneys disbarred or had licenses revoked by Florida Supreme Court