LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) — An overnight fire in Lakeland caused a home to collapse, and firefighters believe it was caused by kids playing with fire.
The Lakeland Fire Department was called to a single-story home on Sycamore Street late Tuesday night and found it fully engulfed in flames.
Crews say several trailers and large trees nearby caught fire due to winds in the area. Another home also had to be evacuated by firefighters.
Investigators say the fire was started accidentally by children playing with open flames near the home.
The house eventually collapsed due to the damage.
No one was injured. The Red Cross is helping two adults and four children who were displaced by the fire.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Map shows the most misspelled words in each state
- Police report: Golfer Tiger Woods found asleep at the wheel
- Fired behavioral therapist arrested for lewd molestation in Polk Co.
- VIDEO: Alligator found in bottom of Sarasota County pool
- Off-duty deputy saves 4-year-old from drowning in Panama City Beach
- Parasitic infection spread by pools on the rise