LONDON (AP) – Police in southeastern England say a zookeeper has been killed in an incident involving a tiger.
Cambridgeshire Police are not releasing other details about the incident Monday at Hamerton Zoo, which is 80 miles (130 kilometers) north of London.
The zoo was evacuated when the incident took place and an air ambulance was called.
An eyewitness says visitors were removed calmly and that there was no panic.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Golfer Tiger Woods arrested on DUI charges in Palm Beach County
- VIDEO: Alligator found in bottom of Sarasota County pool
- Police: Young boy injured in accidental St. Pete shooting expected to be okay
- Parasitic infection spread by pools on the rise
- Police: Polk man used receipt to solicit teen to perform sex act
- Shark leaps into boat and lands on Australian fisherman
- Apps infected with malware may have impacted up to 36 million Android devices