TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — The Sunset Music Festival returned to Tampa this weekend, just one year after two people died and dozens more were sent to hospitals.
Tampa police, fire, and even a local hospital added extra staff for the two-day electronic dance music festival, but there were no major incidents this year.
On Saturday, about 19,149 people showed up to the festival at Raymond James Stadium. Police made 10 felony arrests, 11 misdemeanor arrests and ejected 32 people. Five marijuana civil citations were also issued.
An estimated 19,873 people showed up on Sunday. Officers made 20 felony arrests, 5 misdemeanor arrests and ejected 15 people.
The majority of the felony arrests were for MDMA/Ecstasy, according to police.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- ‘I ain’t fit to live’: Police say Mississippi gunman kills 8
- Police: Polk man used receipt to solicit teen to perform sex act
- Tampa teen drowns in Ocala
- Cops: Florida woman paid boy, 15, hundreds of dollars for sex
- Apps infected with malware may have impacted up to 36 million Android devices
- VIDEO: Tarpon Springs police honor slain officer at his children’s graduation