NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (WFLA) – A suspect was injured when the man he was allegedly battering shot him during an incident in New Port Richey on Saturday.
New Port Richey police responded to the Dulcet Restaurant and Lounge at 6220 Grand Boulevard for reports of shots fired.
When officers arrived, they found a man with a gun standing over another man who appeared to be shot, laying on the ground.
The investigation revealed two employees were going to work when the suspect entered the business and began battering one of the employees.
The employee was yelling for the other to call police as the suspect continued to batter him. He tried to escape, but the suspect followed.
The employee was fearful for his life and pulled a small caliber handgun from his pocket and shot the suspect.
The suspect was identified as Vincent Angelety.
The man was cooperative with the investigation and has a valid concealed carry permit.
Angelety was unknown to all parties involved. Nearby residents said they had never seen him before.
Angelety was arrested for burglary and battery. He is in custody after being taken to a hospital for gunshot wounds.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Ambulance hit by car rolls over in Clearwater
- Parasitic infection spread by pools on the rise
- ‘I ain’t fit to live’: Police say Mississippi gunman kills 8
- Police: Polk man used receipt to solicit teen to perform sex act
- Cops: Florida woman paid boy, 15, hundreds of dollars for sex
- Shark leaps into boat and lands on Australian fisherman
- Apps infected with malware may have impacted up to 36 million Android devices