(WFLA) – A portion of Interstate 75, known as Alligator Alley, is back open after previously being shut down due to a wildfire.
The fire is in the area of mile marker 41.
Troopers will remain on site and continue to reassess the fire and visibility conditions throughout the night.
Motorists are reminded to fuel up before entering the alley and to drive cautiously.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Ambulance hit by car rolls over in Clearwater
- Parasitic infection spread by pools on the rise
- ‘I ain’t fit to live’: Police say Mississippi gunman kills 8
- Police: Polk man used receipt to solicit teen to perform sex act
- Cops: Florida woman paid boy, 15, hundreds of dollars for sex
- Shark leaps into boat and lands on Australian fisherman
- Apps infected with malware may have impacted up to 36 million Android devices