SARASOTA COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — Homeowners in Sarasota County found an unexpected guest in their pool Monday morning.
Deputies with the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office were called to a home in the Plantation neighborhood, where an alligator was found at the bottom of a family’s pool.
The gator measures about seven to eight feet, according to the sheriff’s office.
FWC also responded, and called for a trapper who will relocate the reptile. Deputy Lori Clark captured video of the gator being removed.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Ambulance hit by car rolls over in Clearwater
- Parasitic infection spread by pools on the rise
- ‘I ain’t fit to live’: Police say Mississippi gunman kills 8
- Police: Polk man used receipt to solicit teen to perform sex act
- Cops: Florida woman paid boy, 15, hundreds of dollars for sex
- Shark leaps into boat and lands on Australian fisherman
- Apps infected with malware may have impacted up to 36 million Android devices