BISMARK, N.D. (WFLA) – Residents in Bismark, North Dakota were treated to a visual delight this weekend when the Northern Lights danced across the sky.
Bismarck photographer Scott Eisenbeisz caught a glimpse of the gorgeous spectacle and captured it in 500 pictures. He created a 10-second time-lapse video to show off the pretty lights.
The Northern Lights, otherwise known as the aurora borealis, is the result of electrons, released from the sun, colliding with gases like oxygen and nitrogen.
The lights can be seen around the magnetic poles of the northern and southern hemispheres. The recent aurora borealis was spotted over a number of states in north-central United States, including North Dakota, Washington and Idaho.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Florida woman charged in husband’s hospital death dies
- 8 dead in shooting rampage in Mississippi; suspect arrested
- Cops: Florida woman paid boy, 15, hundreds of dollars for sex
- Police: Polk man used receipt to solicit teen to perform sex act
- Police: Woman locked her kids in car trunk while she shopped
- VIDEO: Tarpon Springs police honor slain officer at his children’s graduation