OCALA, Fla. (WFLA) — Sheriff’s deputies in Marion County say the body of a teenager from Tampa was recovered from a quarry in Ocala this weekend.
Fire rescue crews were called to a lime rock quarry behind the Hard Rock Cycle Park around 11 a.m. Saturday for a possible drowning. First responders found ten teenagers nearby saying 18-year-old Zachary Isaiah Newton had gone in the water and hadn’t come out.
Deputies were then called in to try and find him. They say the dive team found his body around 2:15 p.m.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- 12-year-old boy killed in Florida when boat crashed into bridge
- Police: Woman locked her kids in car trunk while she shopped
- Legendary Southern rock singer Gregg Allman dies at 69
- Apps infected with malware may have impacted up to 36 million Android devices
- 2 charged after forcing baby alligator to drink beer
- VIDEO: Tarpon Springs police honor slain officer at his children’s graduation