MULBERRY, Fla. (WFLA) — State Road 60 is back open after a Sunday morning fire in Mulberry.
Polk County Fire Rescue believes the building that caught fire is an abandoned car repair shop. They say chemicals inside the building caused explosions, prompting more crews to respond.
It does not appear that anyone was inside the building when the flames broke out. The fire marshal will now investigate the cause.
The fire forced deputies to shut down State Road 60 between Bailey Road and Luel Road due to a mix of smoke and fog causing zero visibility in the area. The road is now back open in both directions.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- 12-year-old boy killed in Florida when boat crashed into bridge
- Police: Woman locked her kids in car trunk while she shopped
- Legendary Southern rock singer Gregg Allman dies at 69
- Apps infected with malware may have impacted up to 36 million Android devices
- 2 charged after forcing baby alligator to drink beer
- VIDEO: Tarpon Springs police honor slain officer at his children’s graduation