RIVERDALE, Utah (AP) — A 39-year-old Utah woman has been arrested after she allegedly locked her two young children in her car’s trunk while she went inside a Wal-Mart store to shop.
Riverdale police say witnesses heard the children ages 2 and 5 making noise and saw the car shaking, got the older child to pull the emergency latch and called 911.
Tori Lee Castillo remains jailed on suspicion of child abuse after being arrested Thursday evening when she returned to the car.
Police Lt. Casey Warren says the state child welfare was contacted and the children were turned over to a responsible party.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Legendary Southern rock singer Gregg Allman dies at 69
- Apps infected with malware may have impacted up to 36 million Android devices
- 2 charged after forcing baby alligator to drink beer
- Brandon middle school students facing felony child pornography charges
- Pasco mom missing almost 2 months, case a high priority for sheriff’s office
- Police: Man hurling racial slurs kills 2, injures 1 on train
- NOAA predicts above-normal 2017 hurricane season