MANCHESTER, England (AP) — Hundreds of people have been evacuated from London’s Old Vic Theatre during a performance and police say they are on the scene.
Theatergoers tweeted that a matinee performance of “Woyzeck” starring John Boyega was halted by theater staff and audience and cast were told to leave.
Photos showed police tape cordoning off the area around the theater, near the city’s busy Waterloo Station, which handles both trains and the tube. Police say officers are at the theater but are not giving further details.
Britain is under heightened security after Monday’s deadly bomb attack at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Brandon middle school students facing felony child pornography charges
- Pasco mom missing almost 2 months, case a high priority for sheriff’s office
- Police: Man hurling racial slurs kills 2, injures 1 on train
- Clearwater woman victim of makeup line scam claimed to be started by ‘Fixer Upper’ star
- Humane officer fired after killing baby rabbits
- NOAA predicts above-normal 2017 hurricane season