FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) – A boy was killed and three relatives were injured after their 32-foot boat crashed into a Fort Myers bridge.
He was identified by Cape Coral Police as Noah Pollock, 12.
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conversation Commission said there was no known immediate cause for the crash.
The Fort Myers News-Press reports that the boy’s brother, father and grandfather had injuries ranging from critical to minor.
Wildlife commission spokesman Brian Norris says the boat was going through the canal beneath the Midpoint Memorial Bridge in Fort Myers. The ultimate destination of the boat trip was the Florida Keys.
No further details have been released at this time.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Police: Man critically injured after crash with driver involved in road rage incident in Pinellas Park
- Apps infected with malware may have impacted up to 36 million Android devices
- 2 charged after forcing baby alligator to drink beer
- Brandon middle school students facing felony child pornography charges
- Pasco mom missing almost 2 months, case a high priority for sheriff’s office
- Police: Man hurling racial slurs kills 2, injures 1 on train
- NOAA predicts above-normal 2017 hurricane season