TAORMINA, Italy (AP) — Melania Trump’s first outing in the Sicilian sunshine was in a colorful floral applique jacket by Dolce & Gabbana that comes off the rack at $51,000.
Mrs. Trump also carried a matching clutch when she went to lunch with the other spouses of G7 leaders at the historic Elephants Palace hosted by Catania’s mayor.
The color burst comes after a steady wardrobe of mostly black during President Donald Trump’s overseas tour, including a prim black lace dress with a matching mantilla headcover that she wore to meet Pope Francis and a dark jacket with golden detailing on the cuff and collar that she wore for her arrival in Italy, both also by Milan designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana.
The fashion world is applauding Melania Trump style on the First Lady’s inaugural international trip.
Gabbana has been celebrating each appearance with Instagram posts. He shared three photos of the floral jacket, worn over a simple white shift dress, with the U.S. first lady looking model-perfect stepping out of an SUV. Gabbana tagged the photo with hearts and a thank you to @flotus #melaniatrump.
Dolce & Gabbana have made Sicily their fashion muse, so it makes sense that she would also wear their designs in Sicily.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- TRAGEDY: 2 Polk teens killed on way to high school graduation ceremony
- Deputies investigating murder at Largo motel find 2 kids alone
- Suspect recorded vicious Lakeland golf course murder on cell phone
- Naked man holding bucket steals $25,000 swan statue in Lakeland
- Clearwater woman victim of makeup line scam claimed to be started by ‘Fixer Upper’ star
- Missing Pasco mom last seen April 1; daughter age 2, misses her
- Marion County man accused of throwing baby out of home