LARGO, Fla. (WFLA) – Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office detectives discovered two children alone at a Largo motel when they arrived to investigate a murder.
Around 10:45 p.m. on Thursday, deputies responded to the Andrea Cove Motel at 10464 106th Ave. N. in an unincorporated area of Largo.
When deputies arrived, they found the victim, 47-year-old Ricky Garland, lying in the parking lot suffering from multiple gunshot wounds.
Garland was transported to a local hospital with life-threatening injuries. At 12:05 a.m., he was pronounced deceased.
Detectives say witnesses saw an unknown vehicle leaving the area after the shooting.
Two children who were left alone were discovered in a motel room when deputies arrived to investigate the shooting. Deputies tell us their parents are nowhere to be found.
They had to take the hinges off the motel room door to get to the children.They appeared to be okay. Detectives say they do not believe the children are connected to the murder. They are now in the custody of the Department of Children and Families.
Anyone with information on this homicide or the location of the suspect is asked to contact Detective Scarpati of the Robbery/Homicide Unit at (727) 582-6200 or to remain anonymous and be eligible for a reward contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-873-TIPS or http://www.crimestoppersofpinellas.org
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Pasco mom missing almost 2 months, case a high priority for sheriff’s office
- Clearwater woman victim of makeup line scam claimed to be started by ‘Fixer Upper’ star
- Naked man holding bucket steals ‘Aspyre’ Lakeland swan, truck
- Neighborhood grouch caught on video unplugging bounce house at Florida 1-year-old’s birthday
- NOAA predicts above-normal 2017 hurricane season
- Cops: Tampa body shop owner shoots, kills former employee during argument
- What happened to baby Sabrina Aisenberg, who vanished in 1997?