(The video above is blurred surveillance footage from the Polk County Sheriff’s Office)
May 26 Update: Polk authorities tweeted on Friday that the swan has been found by someone fishing off Old Tampa Hwy. Read about it here.
LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) – A naked man carrying a 5-gallon bucket stole a $25,000 swan statue from the front of a business last Thursday.
The Polk County Sheriff’s Office released surveillance footage of the suspect trying to break in to Lakeland Cold Storage, located at 4100 Frontage Rd. S. They said the incident happened on May 19.
The suspect stole a company truck as well as the black-and-white checkered swan.
The truck was recovered in Hillsborough County, but the swan was not.
The man was identified as Ronald Thompson. He was arrested and charged with grand theft of a motor vehicle and booked into the Hillsborough County Jail.
The sheriff’s office said they are still searching for the swan.
If you’ve seen the swan, you’re asked to call 863-298-6200 or 863-577-1600 and ask for Detective Asbury.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Pasco mom missing almost 2 months, case a high priority for sheriff’s office
- Clearwater woman victim of makeup line scam claimed to be started by ‘Fixer Upper’ star
- Naked man holding bucket steals ‘Aspyre’ Lakeland swan, truck
- Neighborhood grouch caught on video unplugging bounce house at Florida 1-year-old’s birthday
- NOAA predicts above-normal 2017 hurricane season
- Cops: Tampa body shop owner shoots, kills former employee during argument
- What happened to baby Sabrina Aisenberg, who vanished in 1997?