SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – A boy was injured after crashing his bike while racing at Sarasota BMX Track on Thursday.
The nine-year-old was injured at the track on North Tuttle Avenue around 7 p.m.
Witnesses said the fall knocked the boy unconscious.
The child was wearing a helmet, but was flown to All Children’s Hospital as a trauma alert.
His condition is not immediately known.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Cops: Tampa body shop owner shoots, kills former employee during argument
- What happened to baby Sabrina Aisenberg, who vanished in 1997?
- Cops: Toddler dead after mother’s boyfriend performs ‘wrestling moves’ on her
- Polk County native Chris Blue is ‘The Voice’
- Isabella, Liam most popular baby names in Florida last year