KEY LARGO, Fla. (AP) – A woman from Austin, Texas, has died during a snorkeling trip in the Florida Keys.
Sheriff’s spokeswoman Becky Herrin in Florida’s Monroe County says 58-year-old Cheri Crozier was with her husband in waters off a state park Tuesday afternoon when she began having trouble.
Herrin’s statement says Crozier began having difficulty swimming and they yelled for help from the crew of their snorkeling boat. Crew members threw her a rope and began pulling her to the boat. Once on board, Crozier became unresponsive and stopped breathing, according to Herrin.
A doctor who was on board the boat administered CPR as the boat headed to shore.
Herrin says foul play is not suspected.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- 3 more arrests made in deadly Manchester concert bombing
- MUGSHOTS: 39 arrested in Polk Co. child predator and prostitution bust
- Super Bowl LV moved from LA to Tampa
- Pasco girl discovers realistic replica handgun in driveway
- Polk County native Chris Blue is ‘The Voice’
- Hackers may have names of thousands of Florida gun owners
- Hillsborough sheriff seeks help finding missing, endangered woman with gun