TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Police have identified two men involved in a deadly shooting at an auto body shop in Tampa.
The Tampa Police Department says Benjamin Rodriguez Barral, 41, was shot and killed during an argument with his former employer, Alex Alfonso, 34, who is the owner of AA Auto Body located at 1904 Columbus Drive.
Police say Barral went to the auto body shop and got into an argument with Alfonso. The pair went outside and continued arguing in the parking lot.
Investigators say the argument continued to escalate until Alfonso pulled out his firearm and fatally shot Barral.
Alfonso left the scene in a red Corvette and returned a short time later in a different car. According to detectives, Alfonso was cooperative with detectives on the scene. No charges have been filed at this time.
An investigation into the incident is ongoing as the State Attorneys Office tries to determine what charges, if any, might apply to this case.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Cops: Tampa body shop owner shoots, kills former employee during argument
- What happened to baby Sabrina Aisenberg, who vanished in 1997?
- Cops: Toddler dead after mother’s boyfriend performs ‘wrestling moves’ on her
- Polk County native Chris Blue is ‘The Voice’
- Isabella, Liam most popular baby names in Florida last year