(WLFA) — Memorial Day weekend usually kicks off the start of our summer adventures.
This weekend could shape up to be the best weekend to plan a road trip.
According to data firm Bespoke Investment Group, gas prices are 22 percent lower than the annual average, going back to the year 2005.
There have only been two other years where gas prices were lower heading into Memorial Day weekend, 2005 and 2016.
The company says the lower prices are occurring during a time of year when they’re normally the strongest.
Check out all the Memorial Day events happening in the Tampa Bay area here.
WHAT’S TRENDING ONLINE NOW –
- Tampa Bay athletes reach for 2017 Reebok Crossfit Games
- Apple patents circular pizza box to stop soggy crusts
- Ring bought at garage sale now worth $456K
- Safari exploration at Busch Gardens for National Endangered Species Day
- Chick-fil-A introduces first seasonal sandwich in Tampa Bay
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.