VATICAN CITY (AP) — First Lady Melania Trump has visited the Vatican’s children’s hospital, meeting with patients, painting pictures with them and taking selfies.
Mrs. Trump went to the Bambino Gesu (Baby Jesus) pediatric hospital after she and President Donald Trump met with Pope Francis earlier at the Vatican.
She toured the cardiac intensive unit as well as the recreation room, where she painted with the children from nine different countries and took selfies with them. She ended the visit by praying in the hospital chapel.
Before leaving, Mrs. Trump wrote in the guest book that she was praying for the children: “Great visiting you. Stay strong and positive. Much love, Melania Trump.” With a red pen, she drew a small flower and heart.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- 3 more arrests made in deadly Manchester concert bombing
- MUGSHOTS: 39 arrested in Polk Co. child predator and prostitution bust
- Super Bowl LV moved from LA to Tampa
- Pasco girl discovers realistic replica handgun in driveway
- Polk County native Chris Blue is ‘The Voice’
- Hackers may have names of thousands of Florida gun owners
- Hillsborough sheriff seeks help finding missing, endangered woman with gun