DANIA BEACH, Fla. (AP) – A fire at a gas station ignited by a car slamming into a pump has killed one person in Florida.
Local news organizations report the fire erupted at a BP station in Dania Beach on Tuesday night after a driver plowed into a gas pump, killing a person.
Broadcast outlet WTVJ reports no one was pumping gas at the time of the crash, and the impact was so strong that the pump nearly ended up on a nearby road.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office says traffic homicide detectives are investigating the circumstances of the crash, and authorities add that the victim wasn’t immediately identified.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- 3 more arrests made in deadly Manchester concert bombing
- MUGSHOTS: 39 arrested in Polk Co. child predator and prostitution bust
- Super Bowl LV moved from LA to Tampa
- Pasco girl discovers realistic replica handgun in driveway
- Polk County native Chris Blue is ‘The Voice’
- Hackers may have names of thousands of Florida gun owners
- Hillsborough sheriff seeks help finding missing, endangered woman with gun