PHOENIX, Az. (KNXV/CNN) – A boy battling a terminal illness has just one wish when he turns 15.
Jacob Priestley wants 100,000 birthday cards.
Priestley is suffering from mitochondrial disease and at 14, he’s already defied the odds.
His birthday is still months away, but people are already making sure his wish comes true.
“It’s amazing,” Priestley said. “I don’t know how to explain – it’s heartwarming.”
His family hopes that with each card, he’ll spread awareness of mitochondrial disease.
If you’d like to send a birthday card, the family asks that you sent it to:
P.O. Box 855
Queen Creek, Arizona 85142
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- 3 more arrests made in deadly Manchester concert bombing
- MUGSHOTS: 39 arrested in Polk Co. child predator and prostitution bust
- Super Bowl LV moved from LA to Tampa
- Pasco girl discovers realistic replica handgun in driveway
- Polk County native Chris Blue is ‘The Voice’
- Hackers may have names of thousands of Florida gun owners
- Hillsborough sheriff seeks help finding missing, endangered woman with gun