TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Guests at Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo can do more than just enjoy the animals from afar.
For a fee, zoo members, as well as non-members, can get up close to the zoo’s rare, endangered Indian rhino to feed and learn about the species.
If the rhino encounter isn’t your style, Lowry Park Zoo offers an Aldabra tortoise encounter, which guests can also feed.
The zoo also offers behind-the-scenes golf cart tours to the David A. Straz Jr. Manatee Critical Care Center, Catherine Lowry Straz Veterinary Hospital, the commissary, elephant barn and a rhino encounter.
You can find out more about pricing and important information regarding the animal encounters by visiting the Lowry Park Zoo website.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- MUGSHOTS: 39 arrested in Polk Co. child predator and prostitution bust
- James Bond actor Sir Roger Moore dead at 89
- Islamic State group says member carried out Manchester concert attack that killed 22
- Hackers may have names of thousands of Florida gun owners
- Hillsborough sheriff seeks help finding missing, endangered woman with gun
- Florida woman trapped inside CVS trying to buy birthday card