(NEWS10) – Police in New York are warning the public and parents about drugs disguised as SweeTARTS.
Elmira police say the drugs may have actual imprints, generic or name brand of the candy, to assist in disguising the true identity of the substance.
The candy-like substance was found to contain Xanax and Heroin.
There have been numerous reports of these drugs disguised as candy across the country in recent weeks.
Anyone with information is urged to contact their local police department.
WHAT’S TRENDING ONLINE NOW –
- Tampa Bay athletes reach for 2017 Reebok Crossfit Games
- Taylor Swift sent thoughtful note, flowers to UCF college grad
- Ring bought at garage sale now worth $456K
- Safari exploration at Busch Gardens for National Endangered Species Day
- Chick-fil-A introduces first seasonal sandwich in Tampa Bay
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.