HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office is asking for help locating a missing and endangered woman who was last seen with a gun.
Detectives say Melanie Cardona, age 55, left her residence in Lutz between 1:30 and 9 a.m. on May 20 and has not been seen or heard from since.
Melanie left all personal items at her residence and only took a Smith & Wesson .38 caliber revolver with her. She has a concealed weapons permit, which she left at her residence.
Melanie’s husband says she has never gone missing before.
Melanie has blonde hair and light blue eyes. She was last seen wearing a burgundy Florida State University shirt, beige khaki shorts, dark sneakers and dark prescription sunglasses.
Anyone with any information about Melanie Cardona is asked to call the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office at (813) 247-8200.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- MUGSHOTS: 39 arrested in Polk Co. child predator and prostitution bust
- James Bond actor Sir Roger Moore dead at 89
- Islamic State group says member carried out Manchester concert attack that killed 22
- Hackers may have names of thousands of Florida gun owners
- Florida woman trapped inside CVS trying to buy birthday card
- Cops: Man crashes car into St. Pete home after passenger says she doesn’t love him
- Dad and step-mom arrested after 5-year-old shows up drunk at hospital