DEBARY, Fla. (WESH) — Charges will not be filed after nine decapitated animals were found outside of a Volusia County home last week, investigators say.
Police said a woman noticed the bin filled with the animal carcasses as she rode her bike in DeBary last Thursday.
Investigators said the animals, a goat, a turtle, five chickens and two pigeons were used by the family as part of a ritual cleansing another family member.
The family of a man with health issues performed the ritual in their backyard to cleanse the man of schizophrenic thoughts, according to an incident report.
Investigators said the animals had not been tortured, and no crime was committed.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- NFL Hall of Famer Cortez Kennedy found dead in Orlando, police say
- MUGSHOTS: 39 arrested in Polk Co. child predator and prostitution bust
- James Bond actor Sir Roger Moore dead at 89
- Islamic State group says member carried out Manchester concert attack that killed 22
- Hackers may have names of thousands of Florida gun owners
- Hillsborough sheriff seeks help finding missing, endangered woman with gun
- Florida woman trapped inside CVS trying to buy birthday card