WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) – A small sinkhole has opened on the road just outside President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida.
The Palm Beach Post reports that the 4-foot-by-4-foot hole was discovered Monday in Palm Beach County just west of one the resort’s entrances. It is near a new water main and isn’t a threat to the president’s property in Palm Beach.
The president has spent seven weekends at Mar-a-Lago since taking office, but it is now closed for the summer. Trump is on a nine-day trip that began in the Middle East and will end in Italy.
Trump bought the club for $10 million in 1985 and has spent tens of millions on improvements. Each of the 500 members pays $14,000 annually in dues. The initiation fee was recently doubled to $200,000.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Tampa PD: Angry Muslim convert killed roommates over disrespect to his faith
- Illegal immigrant arrested for attempted murder, burglary in Polk Co.
- Polk Co. neighborhood on alert after bear spotted
- Florida woman trapped inside CVS trying to buy birthday card
- Police investigate body found at bottom of algae-covered pool in Pinellas Park
- Cops: Man crashes car into St. Pete home after passenger says she doesn’t love him
- Dad and step-mom arrested after 5-year-old shows up drunk at hospital
- High society: Pippa Middleton marries at almost-royal event
- Huge cuts to food stamps part of Trump’s budget proposal