(WFLA) — Garage sales are full of random, and sometimes even valuable, hidden gems.
A ring bought for about $13 at a garage sale in London in the 80s is now being valued at over $400,000.
According to the listing, the ring is now worth $456,000.
The buyer assumed the ring was a piece of costume jewelry and only decided in the last few months to have it appraised.
Much to the owner’s surprise, the ring turned out to be a genuine cushion-shaped diamond weighing 26.27.
The ring is scheduled to be sold at an auction on June 7.
WHAT’S TRENDING ONLINE NOW –
- Consumer Reports ranks safest, most affordable sunscreens
- Taylor Swift sent thoughtful note, flowers to UCF college grad
- Pirate ship treehouse in Arizona fit for Gasparilla
- Safari exploration at Busch Gardens for National Endangered Species Day
- Backflip almost lands man in traffic in South Florida
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.