TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Damage at an apartment complex forced crews to evacuate four buildings Friday night in Tampa.
Hillsborough County Fire Rescue was called to the Serenity Lake Apartments on Seaford Circle around 9 p.m. Responding firefighters found severe roof damage on one of the buildings, and started to evacuate everyone inside.
While they were doing that, firefighters noticed two more apartment buildings were damaged and evacuated them as well. One of them had roof damage and another had cracks in the wall.
Firefighters say they evacuated four buildings total. Only three remained evacuated overnight, impacting 19 apartment units. The Red Cross assisted at least 30 people.
Hillsborough Fire Rescue believes the damage was caused by severe weather.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Lakeland boy, 2, killed by dresser that fell on him
- Owner of SUV in Pasco hit-and-run crash arrested for filing false police report
- Local Parenting Experts: How to survive the summer with your kids
- Navy man who crashed into Times Square was based in Jacksonville
- Visitors meet April the giraffe and baby in person
- Police officer suffers fentanyl overdose from drug call