POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — The Polk County Sheriff’s Office is asking everyone to pay close attention to their dollar bills.
The office says it’s seen fake money in the county, and already have a person who has been victimized.
The bills they’ve seen say “For Motion Picture Use Only” on them, but deputies say there are other types of fake bills out there too.
If you’re making a cash transaction, you should inspect the money you receive carefully.
If you get fake bills, call law enforcement to report it.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Lakeland boy, 2, killed by dresser that fell on him
- Owner of SUV in Pasco hit-and-run crash arrested for filing false police report
- Local Parenting Experts: How to survive the summer with your kids
- Navy man who crashed into Times Square was based in Jacksonville
- Visitors meet April the giraffe and baby in person
- Police officer suffers fentanyl overdose from drug call