PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The woman who owns an SUV involved in a hit-and-run crash caught on camera was arrested for filing a false police report.
Authorities tell us Samantha Henry owns the Ford Expedition that Christopher Try, 20, was driving Monday afternoon when he hit Johnny Walsh Jr, as he rode his bicycle in Holiday.
Henry had reported it stolen. She was arrested late Thursday night.
Hours later, she walked out of the Pasco County Jail when she posted bond.
She was silent. “Did you lie to police?” News Channel 8 reporter Chip Osowski asked.
Henry didn’t respond, but could be heard whimpering from underneath a blanket she used to cover her face.
Deputies tell us Henry knew the SUV was in the hands of Try. He had asked her not to tell anyone he had the SUV and hit the teen, according to a sheriff’s office report.
Try was arrested for driving the vehicle. The boy was thrown off his bicycle. He received minor injuries.
The SUV kept going.
A home surveillance system caught the dramatic scene.
Florida state troopers also want to find Kevin Wilson, who was in the SUV at the time.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- 10-foot-long gator dead after collision with motorcycle in Wimauma
- Owner of SUV in Pasco hit-and-run crash arrested for filing false police report
- Local Parenting Experts: How to survive the summer with your kids
- Navy man who crashed into Times Square was based in Jacksonville
- WATCH: Driver caught on camera hitting child, driving away in Holiday
- Visitors meet April the giraffe and baby in person
- Police officer suffers fentanyl overdose from drug call