(WFLA) — Today is National Endangered Species Day and we are honoring these animals in need by getting to know them better.
WFLA News Channel 8’s Lila Gross went to Tampa Bay’s Busch Gardens on a safari exploration to check out the animals on exhibit.
We saw animals from all walks of life that are critically endangered or in threat of becoming endangered.
The animals included black and white rhinos, zebras, giraffes, impalas, waterbucks, nyalas and many more.
Watch the journey below to explore for yourself.
WHAT’S TRENDING ONLINE NOW –
- Consumer Reports ranks safest, most affordable sunscreens
- Taylor Swift sent thoughtful note, flowers to UCF college grad
- Pirate ship treehouse in Arizona fit for Gasparilla
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium releases lucky seahorse ‘Cheeto’ back into water
- Backflip almost lands man in traffic in South Florida
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.