WASHINGTON (AP) – The Latest on investigations into Russian interference in the 2016 election and possible Trump campaign connections with the Russians (all times local):
Former FBI Director James Comey has agreed to testify before the Senate intelligence committee after Memorial Day.
The committee’s chairman, Sen. Richard Burr, and the ranking Democrat, Sen. Mark Warner, announced Friday that Comey will testify in an open setting before the committee. The date of the hearing has not yet been set.
Burr says the committee wants to hear from Comey on his role in the development of the U.S. intelligence agencies’ assessment that Russia interfered in last year’s election. He says he hopes Comey’s testimony will answer some of the questions that have arisen since Comey was suddenly dismissed last week by President Donald Trump.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- 10-foot-long gator dead after collision with motorcycle in Wimauma
- Owner of SUV in Pasco hit-and-run crash arrested for filing false police report
- Local Parenting Experts: How to survive the summer with your kids
- Navy man who crashed into Times Square was based in Jacksonville
- WATCH: Driver caught on camera hitting child, driving away in Holiday
- Visitors meet April the giraffe and baby in person
- Police officer suffers fentanyl overdose from drug call