SPRING HILL, Fla. (WFLA) — A first of its kind federal conviction for a Spring Hill couple accused of lying to home buyers about a sinkhole was upheld Friday.
The decision was made by the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.
Glenn and Kathryn Jasen were convicted of wire fraud in October and later sentenced to five years probation and six months of house arrest.
This followed an 8 On Your Side investigation that found that the Jasens pocketed $154,745 from a sinkhole claim.
The Jasens did cosmetic repairs and then sold the home to a young couple without disclosing the sinkhole.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- 10-foot-long gator dead after collision with motorcycle in Wimauma
- Owner of SUV in Pasco hit-and-run crash arrested for filing false police report
- Local Parenting Experts: How to survive the summer with your kids
- Navy man who crashed into Times Square was based in Jacksonville
- WATCH: Driver caught on camera hitting child, driving away in Holiday
- Visitors meet April the giraffe and baby in person
- Police officer suffers fentanyl overdose from drug call