WIMAUMA, Fla. (WFLA) — A man was thrown from his motorcycle when he hit an alligator in the road in Wimauma early Friday morning.
Investigators said Calun Nelson was riding his motorcycle westbound on State Road 674, west of Katie Stanaland Road, when he approached the 10-foot-long gator that was walking across the roadway.
Nelson tried to stop as the gator approached his path, but he was unsuccessful.
Nelson collided with the alligator and was thrown off his motorcycle and landed on the overpass for the Little Manatee River. The alligator died from its injuries the following day, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
Nelson’s injuries from the crash were minor and he was transported to Tampa General Hospital
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- 10-foot-long gator dead after collision with motorcycle in Wimauma
- Owner of SUV in Pasco hit-and-run crash arrested for filing false police report
- Local Parenting Experts: How to survive the summer with your kids
- Navy man who crashed into Times Square was based in Jacksonville
- WATCH: Driver caught on camera hitting child, driving away in Holiday
- Visitors meet April the giraffe and baby in person
- Police officer suffers fentanyl overdose from drug call