TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Many people are waking up to smoky conditions in the Tampa Bay area.
Smoke from a wildfire in Avon Park is likely causing the thick smoke in and around Tampa.
That fire has grown to 8,000 acres, according to officials, but isn’t threatening any homes or buildings.
Hillsborough County dispatchers have reported a number of calls from concerned residents fearing fires in their neighborhoods.
As a precaution, crews must check out the calls.
Weather experts tell us winds are moving from east to west, pushing the smoke into Tampa.
No word if a weather advisory will be issued due to health concerns.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Driver of Pasco hit-and-run crash now in custody
- Wildfires causing smokey conditions all over Bay area
- VIDEO: Body cam footage captures intense stand-off between Pasco deputies, knife-wielding man
- Speed Busters: Auburndale dad worried about speeders near daughter’s school
- WATCH: Driver caught on camera hitting child, driving away in Holiday
- Visitors meet April the giraffe and baby in person
- Police officer suffers fentanyl overdose from drug call