SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – Sarasota County Fire Rescue was on scene of a fire at an apartment complex on Barlow Avenue on Thursday.
The fire burned at 220 Barlow Avenue, Fair Oaks Apartment, in a two-story, four unit apartment building.
Heavy smoke was seen coming from the roof of the building when firefighters arrived.
The fire was in the attic and spread inside one apartment unit.
Crews put the fire in the apartment out, but continued to fight the fire in the attic of the building.
Crews checked for extension and hot spots Thursday evening.
No injuries have been reported to residents, but a firefighter was taken to a hospital as a precaution.
The Red Cross was called to assist families who are displaced. The state Fire Marshal has also been called.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Wesley Chapel golf club issued several citations following clubhouse shooting
- Police: Drunk driving suspect had lizard in bra
- Thieves now using Bluetooth devices at gas pumps to steal your data
- Deputies: Sarasota man barged into classroom to discuss ‘evil’ corruption
- WATCH: Driver caught on camera hitting child, driving away in Holiday
- Visitors meet April the giraffe and baby in person
- Police officer suffers fentanyl overdose from drug call